Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mistaken identity...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart
John Adams - Short Ride in a Fast Machine
John Adams - Shaker Loops
Modern Jazz Quartet - Django
Modern Jazz Quartet - Fontessa
Modern Jazz Quartet - Concorde

Out again tonight, this time in the company of the Exec Producer and we were back at the Festival Theatre for more modern dance...



We both enjoyed Alonzo King's Lines Ballet's work, as reviewed here, rather unsympathetically, in the Guardian, although I can see the reviewer's points...



The twelve dancers performed spectacularly to the beautiful music of Poulenc and Corelli (in the first half) and a live performance by Zakir Hussain in the second (with apologies to the young lady sitting next to us, whom I misled by advising it was Talvin Singh! - oops)...

Earlier in the day, I walked past this flower shop which, back in 1978 was Grindlay St Music Shop, where I bought my first bass guitar amp - it's been in Jamie Frain's loft since I accompanied him on bass at a gig around two and a half years ago I think...



..and, pre theatre, Anne and I enjoyed some tasty pasta at the Hispaniola - which boats some rather unusual decor...



...and coffee at the Black Medicine Company (not pictured)...

Post the dance, a leisurely walk back to the car and home...

Very enjoyable...

Oh, and pre-pre-theatre, I visited FOP and partook of 2CD set comprising three albums recorded between 1954 and 1956 by the Modern Jazz Quartet - tasty - three albums for three quid...

Highlight of the Day : Some very talented and scantily clad young men and women...

No comments: