Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jellied...

Playlist
Neal Morse - Testimony
Neal Morse - One
Neal Morse - Lifeline
Eels - Discography on Shuffleplay

Out this evening on a solo trip to the HMV Picture House to see Eels...



It was good, not excellent but good...

I really like Eels' albums and have enjoyed their live CD recorded in New York but, tonight, it seemed a little samey and lacking in subtlety...

Nonetheless, they did eventually win me over, with the best song of the night being "Mr E's Beautiful Blues" thinly disguised as The Beatles' arrangement of "Twist & Shout"...

As ever at a live event, there had to be at least one idiot who annoyed me (I won't bore you with the details), in general though, a good night - I was standing four bodies back from the stage with a good view...

The band played for just over 90 minutes but, even at that, I don't think I'd fork out £22.50 to see them again - better to stay at home and listen to the records...

What a curmudgeon...

Late on, the moon as out...



Nice...

Highlight of the day : Seeing Eels live (despite the above)...

No comments: