Sunday, May 11, 2008

Recovery day...

Playlist
Various - Holiday Hits Vols 16, 15
Udo Lindenberg - Stark wie Zwei
Beethoven - String Quartets

After last night, I didn't appreciate being woken around 8:30 by Jorg's three year old son Teja shouting in my ear, having been egged on by brother Ansem (7) and sister Xenia (9)...

But up we got in any case to yet another lovely day and the mother of all hangovers...



Jorg and Yvonne had finally shut up shop around 5am and made their way home and so were nowhere to be seen - so we breakfasted with Ute, Karoline and Felix, the last two pictured below...



...before the three of them set off for Berlin - a four hour drive away...

Anne and I went for a walk around the town and found this goat living with a dog and two old men on an allotment..



In the afternoon, as the Sonnenschein family went back to the hall to clear up the mess, Anne and I drove up the nearby Heiligenberg to the Burg Hotel...



..and enjoyed some lovely apple cake and coffee...



...before joining the family in Hilgershausen again - where I played football with my Godson Ansem...

Then, back to sunny Felsberg...



And it was photos with the kids time - though Teja seemed to have disappeared off somewhere...


Godparent 1...


Godparent 2...

Later on, as we dined into the night, drinking champagne, I was finding it hard to keep my eyes open...



So we called it a night around eleven, taking one last timed picture of our quartet of chums...



Highlight of the Day : Hitting the sack...

No comments: