Sunday, May 18, 2008

In the bag...

Playlist
Brand X - The Plot Thins
Various - Chris' Mybook MP3s
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal Live

Up at 8 and, between then and Anne's arrival from the Land of Nod around midday, I spent four hours transferring Chris' Mybook contents, MP3-wise, onto my own external drive - listening to four hours worth of tracks I didn't already have...

I now have even more superfluous music and will need to go through and delete such delights as "The Best of Blue"...

Uptown to buy a suit for brother-in-law Keith's wedding in a couple of weeks' time...

Then to The GRV in Guthrie St where I was to play later tonight and where, this afternoon, the DJ booth was given over to some afficionados of Progressive Rock...

We enjoyed some lovely coffee and also visited the two art galleries upstairs...



Home to the colourful garden...



Some practising and then to Anne's mum's for tea...

I left early and drove back to the GRV and a quick soundcheck - ostensibly, I was the only person there tonight apart from other special guest Kim edgar, who knew they were playing and I opened proceedings with "Lights Out" and "The Angels' Kiss" from "Ersatzreal"...

Acoustic Idol this year was Lindsay Sugden with her group The Storm and other performers featured included Spamborskee, Broken Lights and Callum Haddow, the first of these being the most exciting and attention grabbing of the acts on show...



No awards for your correspondent, which is not surprising given my low profile these days on the "Edinburgh Acoustic Scene" but it was great to play a couple of songs...

Back home to Anne and a Harrison Ford movie, then bed - with Meg the Black Cat taking up residence in my guitar bag..



Highlight of the Day : Playing a couple of songs to an appreciative audience...

No comments: