Thursday, November 01, 2007

Shazam...

Playlist
John Coltrane – The Classic Quartet (8CD Box Set)
The Move – The Move
The Move – Shazam
The Move – Looking On
The Move – Message From the Country
ELO – All Over the World : The Very Best Of ELO

Another day under the weather...

Continued listening to the John Coltrane Quartet lifts my spirits however and two discs arriving from e-bay perk me up even further...

They are the 2nd and 3rd albums by The Move...

I wonder why I’ve never owned these before, given my fandom of Roy Wood, Wizzard, early ELO and late The Move...



Anyway, now I do own them and they are good – recommended even...



There’s a good quote from their one-time manager in one of the sleeve notes – "Without doubt, it was The Beatles, the Stones and The Move in that order in England."

I’m sure the Who and the Kinks might have something to say about that but, personally, I’d even go so far as to put the Move above the Stones, certainly if one’s judgement is based on originality...

For me it’d be:-
The Beatles
The Move
The Kinks
The Who
The Rolling Stones

Funny how they all have the old definite article heading up their group name...

In the evening a visit to my mum’s and, as has been the case on all recent visits, she is in good spirits and on good form which is cheering...

We discuss current favourite viewing and the state of the footie with Anne being such a fervent Jam Tart and sister Pam being mad on Tottenham Hotspur (great name)...

On a sad note she advises of the suicide of a former school-mate of mine, a pillar almost of the church community in Loanhead and married with two teenage children – the kind of man I’d expected to die in his bed of natural causes at the age of 93, not hanged from a tree at 47...

Funny how things turn out...

Highlight of the Day : The Move

No comments: