Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hats off....

Playlist
Various - 70 Artists : Top Ten Tracks (Shuffleplay)
Grand Funk Railroad – Good Singin’ Good Playin’
Grand Funk Railroad – Born to Die
Andrew Hill – Compulsion!!!!!
Andrew Hill – Point of Departure
Roy Harper – BBC In Concert 1978
Various - Jukebox Shuffleplay

Arrived home tonight to find the last of my recent e-bay purchases awaiting me – the last Grand Funk album of the 70’s “Good Singin’ Good Playin’”, produced by Frank Zappa...

Suffice to say it rocks...

Its presence brought me to fetch the other ten GFR studio albums I have from the upstairs back room and, erm, look at them...

I do this quite a lot – take albums out and just look at them and then put them back again...

Anne made a lovely lasagne and we watched the first half of the Celtic v Benfica game before I left Anne to it and headed off upstairs to keep the old jukebox up to date with my recent purchases...

Strange how a team of such obvious superior footballing skills could fail to score...

Remembered I’d downloaded a Roy Harper concert on Saturday - so I unzipped that and took a listen – excellent – I love Roy Harper’s music but I don’t know why – I have that relationship with many people’s music...



Roy is one of my friends on Myspace – although, like most of my “friends” on there, I’m sure he wouldn’t know me from Adam...

This particular concert (broadcast in 1978 by the BBC) took me back to Genesis at Knebworth in that same year as Mr Harper appeared unannounced and played a blinding 30 minute version of “One of These Days in England” prior to the headliners taking the stage...

Happy days – when, if I was lucky, I might still have had 60 years to go – now it’s half that, probably less...

Oh well...

Late on, next week's "Spooks" on BBC3 made it all worthwhile...

Highlight of the Day : Has to be Anne’s mouth wateringly tasty lasagne...

No comments: