Monday, November 26, 2007

The good and the bad...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Wings - London Town

Listened to my own album today for the first time in a wee while - editing out a few tracks to get down to a half hour set for a possible gig in the new year...

The usual quiet Monday night in this week - no heading out late on and driving through the rain to see some band in a cellar somewhere...

Came home to find our bathroom tiled as planned- looks good but we have no door on the room now as it requires some expert "planing" - something which is beyond me according to Anne (and me)...

Also awaiting my arrival the latest e-bay package, Wings' 1978 album "London Town"...



I think my sister Pam might have bought this when it came out but I certainly didn't - though I do have a soft spot for the singles "With a Little Luck" and the once-thought-by-me-to-be-dire-now-recognised-as-a-classic "Mull of Kintyre"...

Like many, if not all, McCartney's solo/Wings albums there is some absolutely dreadful stuff on here but at least one song ("I'm Carrying") is up there amongst the best he's ever done, Beatles included...

Of course this set me off looking for the McCartney albums I don't yet have and I'm afraid there are quite a few (8)...

The usual two Monday night episodes of "Coronation St" on tape were followed by Jo Brand's live at the Apollo with a very funny guest comedian I'd never seen before, Michael McIntyre - imagine, one day I might see Jim Park guesting at the Apollo...

Highlight of the Day : Discovering a new great McCartney song amongst a load of old cobblers...

No comments: