Friday, November 09, 2007

Jazz and fish (and beer)....

Playlist
Various - Jazz Fusion Jukebox Shuffleplay

On the jukebox today a compilation of the triumvirate of giants of Jazz Rock Fusion - Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever and Weather Report...







Tasty...

Also tasty was an evening of fish as I was wined and dined by a large American Company at Oloroso. Smoked salmon followed by fillet of sea bass. I didn't partake of any wine though, prefering instead probably far too much Edelweiss Weissbier...

A chocolate creme brulee rounded off things very nicely indeed...

Passed up on the chance to party on down at Tigerlily. Instead, chum Spike and I made our way along to the much more enjoyable Bert's Bar on William St and met up for a couple more G&Ts with Anne and her now ex-coleague Debbie...

Only when I crashed into a parked lorry whilst hailing a taxi to take Anne and I home did I realise how far gone I was...

An enjoyable evening nonetheless...

Highlight of the Day : A lovely meal at Oloroso

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

Weather Report? Hmmm... I loved John M and Co.though, saw them at the Apollo in Glasgow in 75ish.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Of the three, the Mahavishnus are my faves, especially when Billy Cobham was on board. never saw them though. I did see Weather Report when Jaco pastorius was their bassist - Usher Hall in '78 I think...

Happy days..