Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wasted time...

Playlist
Asia – Asia
The Album Leaf – In a Safe Place
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Flower Kings – Rainmaker
Various – New Downloads from Pitchfork
Bryan Adams – So Far So Good
Jon Anderson – Song of Seven
Anger 77 – Allein im Flugzeug
Anger 77 – Keine Angst
Adam & the Ants – Hits
Anywhen – The Opiates
Craig Armstrong – The Space Between Us
Kate Bush – Anthology
The Beyond - Crawl

Another “wasted “ Saturday?

Well, let’s see...

Up at 8 and had the idea for a new time-wasting project – to go through all my albums and decide for each whether it ought to be on the Jukebox (it can hold around 1,300 albums)...

Then, check the Jukebox and see if they’re already there..

If not, rip them to a folder ready to be uploaded...

Of course, I’ll need to take albums off it too to make space...

So, by the end of today I’d finished selecting albums by artists from “A” to “F” of my “mainstream” collection (i.e. not jazz or classical), identifying around 320 albums which ought to be on the Jukebox...

I’ve now matched “A” and “B” against the content of the Jukebox and, of the 97 albums identified, 77 are already there and I have ripped 20 in readiness for uploading – once I’ve made room...

What else did I do?

I went onto e-bay and bought another (older model of the) Jukebox – half the size of my current one - in terms of space that is not actual size. As you can see, the aesthetics are not my main concern...



This will give me 90GBs in all...

Then, on the strength of listening to one of my filed-under-“A”-albums by The Album Leaf, I bought one of their CDs. I also put in a bid for the latest CD by Happy Apple...

Spent some considerable time too downloading MP3s from Pitchfork of new, so-called “cutting edge and trendy” music, going back to where I’d stopped last time on this project, which was mid-September, at which time I downloaded over 80 tracks, hardly any of which I’ve listened to since...

I really ought to do this on a weekly basis....

Anyway, today’s haul amounted to around another 60 tracks – almost 5 hours of new music - some of it really, really good; most of it I’ll be lucky if I listen to even once...

After today's session, my "Pitchfork" folder contains over 300 tracks...

In the afternoon, I monitored the QoS game – they went ahead at home against Morton after just 3 minutes but lost 3-1 – Morton’s first was scored by a former Queens centre forward, their second was a penalty and the third came with virtually the final kick of the ball...

Still 7th though...

In the evening, “Robin Hood” and “Match of the Day” sandwiched a taped “Ugly Betty” and some "Armstrong and Miller" and "Bottom" off YouTube...

Wasted time?

Very probably...

Didn’t even leave the house...

Highlight of the Day : Securing another Jukebox...

No comments: