Friday, November 23, 2007

730 days on...

Playlist
Herman Van Veen – My Cat and I
Van der Graaf Generator - Present
Martin Tielli – Operation Infinite Joy
Martin Tielli - We Didn’t Even Suspect...

A quick drink with lovely ladies Michelle, Tracey, Gillian and Kim before home for a night in front of the telly with a Chinese takeaway, trying to wean myself off the painkillers...

On this day in 2005, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf became Africa's first elected female head of state and Liberia's first elected female president....



...and I broke my bloomin’ ankle – and there’s been pain almost every day since – firstly in the leg (and still occasionally to this day – the latest bout mid-afternoon – I do recall however being told it could be around two years until it was back to normal) then the left shoulder op and now the right shoulder op...

Of course I count my blessings that it’s all nothing life-threatening...

I am forty-eight-and-a-half after all and there are worse things I could be suffering from than what are, essentially, some sore limbs..

So, as last week, when it was an evening of the horrendous amateurish nonsense that is “Children in Need”, this week it was another slobsesh:-

“Coronation St” - an ok episode - I think one of the reasons I hate the David Platt character so much is because he's so ugly...

“A Place in the Sun – Home or Away” - watched it because it was on but it happened to feature the area around Salzburg where we holidayed in September 2005 - my big question? Where do these people get all their money? £200,000 budget for a holiday home?

“Have I Got News for You” - never really got going due to Anne Widdecombe's dreadful attempt at hosting...

“The Armstrong & Miller Show” - still very funny but possibly the weakest show in the series thus far..

“My Name is Earl” - still good but starting to flag I think...

“Comedy Showcase: “Kevin Bishop” - never seen this man before as far as I remember but some excellent sketches, some of which were as little as 5 seconds long...

“Jimmy Carr: Stand Up” - never seen his show before - quite low-key and potentially offensive -I enjoyed it a lot...

Then off to bed...

Highlight of the Day : Taking fewer painkillers

No comments: