Wednesday, March 21, 2007

You can never have too many gadgets...

Playlist
Tracks from 100 "Good" Albums:-
Neal Morse - ?
Yes – 90125
Brian Eno – Apollo
Bill Bruford’s Earthworks – Earthworks
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake & Palmer
Yes – Fragile
King Crimson – In the Court of the Crimson King
Alice Cooper – Killer
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – Love’s A Prima Donna
King Crimson – Red
Roxy Music – Roxy Music
Simple Minds – Sons and Fascination
King Crimson – Starless and Bible Black
Yes – Tales From Topographic Oceans
Sylvian Fripp – The First Day
Gentle Giant – The Power and the Glory
Pink Floyd – The Wall
Emerson Lake & Palmer – Trilogy
Alice Cooper – Welcome To My Nightmare
Rheostatics – Whale Music
David Bowie – Ziggy Stardust
plus
Donald Byrd – Royal Flush
Sun Ra – Nothing Is
Abdullah Ibrahim - Good News from Africa
Sonny Sharrock - Space Ghost
King Crimson - Live : March 14, 2003

As I type tonight, I am listening to a track from this album....



...a track I downloaded in the early hours of this morning from Destination Out (see links). The music on the album was recorded in 1966 but not released until 1970....

It’s superb stuff and certainly knocks the Beach Boys (who, apparently, recorded their best ever album in 1966) into a cocked hat...

I am on the lookout for some more Sun Ra now - I’m sure I saw a 2CD set from around the same period recently at HMV...

The usual Wednesday night fayre as I took in “Coronation St” and “Desperate Housewives”, with a surf in between and the playing of a couple of tunes, just in case I decide to wander along to Out of the Bedroom tomorrow night – it’s the 250th night of the songwriters’ club...

I must phone James Jamieson to see if he’s going – he played one song last week according to the review which arrived in my inbox today...

Also in the inbox, a mail from one of my old 5 a side footie chums, explaining how to get a free i-Pod – so I’m having a go at that – despite Anne’s assertion that I already have too many gadgets...

Too many gadgets? Can there be such a position to be in?

Also in the inbox tonight a comment from one Mr Pablo thanking me for introducing him to Donald Byrd...

"Thank you for reading" is what I say to you Mr Pablo (and anyone else reading) and I’m glad to be of service...

I write this without ever thinking someone from Brazil might be picking up tips on old jazz albums which may be worth a spin...

And so I will continue with this nonsense...

Highlight of the day : Encouragement from a reader across the ocean

No comments: