Saturday, March 17, 2007

Half a century...

Playlist
Various – Music from 1957 to 2007

I spent a large amount of time today compiling a 5CD set for my old chum Dr Prog. It was his 50th birthday on Thursday and so I’m presenting him with a collection of music featuring one track from each year 1957 through to 2007, 51 pieces in all...

You might recognise some of the covers in this collage...



Until recently, I’d believed he was 48 but he let slip that he and his wife were off to New York this month to celebrate his 50th...

Some man...

Other than that, the weather was cold and wintry today so, while we made one of our regular trips to Patisserie Florentin and enjoyed a hearty Saturday breakfast, we drove home without taking a stroll around Stockbridge – instead heading for Tesco where I bought some new clothing and some blank discs, some of which now hold Dr PRog’s compilation..

An anonymous commenter on the blog alerted me to the fact that Alice Cooper is coming to Glasgow again in November – despite the fact he never has hit albums (or indeed singles) anymore, he can still easily sell out an arena tour in the UK...

I don’t particularly enjoy arena concerts though, as either the views are restricted by people taller than me or, if seated, I’m too far away from the stage to see anything in any detail....

So far I’ve not bought a ticket – the website seems to suggest it’s a standing only gig (support acts are Motorhead and Joan Jett) – but no doubt I will shortly – Anne has already advised she’ll give it a miss...

She did however attend this afternoon’s thrashing of Hearts 4-0 by Dundee United at Tynecastle – while Queens managed an injury time goal to stretch their recent unbeaten run in the league to seven games, with a 2-2 draw against Dundee...

In the evening Anne watched the final of “Celebrity Dancing on Ice” and I watched “Primeval” – the lead actor, the Scottish one, might as well be made of wood...

Later on, “CSI New York” and “Law and Order” entertained and the night was rounded off with the second half of “Match of the Day”...

Highlight of the Day : Compiling a recent history of music

No comments: