Friday, March 30, 2007

R.I.P....

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal
First House - Cantilena
Telemann - Tafelmusik

All day today and, if the truth be told, all this week, my mind kept falling back to the fate of Meg the Black Cat’s former partner in crime, the wee fluffy cat, Pandy. For today was her last day...



She has had a long and happy life but is now very ill with a large tumour in her tummy. Meg’s ex mum Julia has had to make the harrowing decision to have Pandy put down....

I know only too well how Julia must be feeling today – five years ago, I had to take our own cat, Crispy, to be put to sleep and the memory of that day still haunts me to this...

But, in the big scheme of things, life goes on and, indeed, death comes to us all at some point...

So, live every day as if it were your last...

It appears, on my last day, I may well be found in the jazz/classical dept at HMV looking for CDs which I don’t really need. Today, I bought a 4CD box of Telemann’s complete “Tafelmusik”...

And, back home, a parcel from e-bay, the first of a few – the result of an ongoing spree on the devil’s own auction tool...

It’s a disc from 1989, the existence of which I was totally unaware until I searched for CDs by Django Bates...

Anne was out tonight with her mum and sister for a meal and a visit to the cinema..

So, while I listened to this new jazz CD, I made what I must declare to be the best Spaghetti Bolognese I’ve ever made (some might say that’s not saying much)....

I used veggie mince and cooked the sauce just right...

Mmmm, mmmm....

While I ate, I watched tonight’s Corrie with Meg the Black Cat then retired to the computer to work on the new CBQ album – forgetting all about the Hawkwind documentary on BBC 4 I’d ringed to watch...

Idiot!

Lowlight of the Day : Pandy’s last day...

2 comments:

jimbo said...

live every day like it's your last?

Spaghetti Bolognese & Coronation Street?

shurely shome mishtake? :-)

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Yes, sorry, you're right Jim - that should've read "live every day like every other day"...

Still, the spag bog was a bit special...