Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The wonder of technology...

Playlist
Miles Davis - The Essential Miles Davis
John Coltrane - The Best of John Coltrane
Various - Recent Singles
Bryan Ferry - Dylanesque
Jackie McLean - Demon's Dance
Lee Morgan - The Cooker
Kenny Dorham - Trompeta Toccata
Freddie Hubbard – Here to Stay
Jackie McLean – 4, 5 and 6
Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane - Same

To the Royal Infirmary this morning for a once over following the shoulder op in November...

It took just over an hour to get there, door to door (a ten minute walk, followed by two buses)...

Then, despite arriving bang on 10:25, my appointment time, I sat and read ladies' gossip magazines for around another hour before being called...

I was in the doctor's room for all of three minutes - just enough time to remove my coat and shirt, lift my arms forward and over my head, sideways and over my head and then reach as far up my back as possible with each arm (which is not very far I can tell you) - then put my shirt and coat back on...

The pain I have in my arm is due to swelling at the site of the operation but the impingement itself is gone...

I can expect pain and discomfort for at least another six months apparently...

In the evening, after "Coronation St", I drove down to Tesco to buy a small MP3 player...

Here's what I got...



On the net it's priced at around £10 but in the shop they were selling for £4.95, so I bought two...

Back home, it was a dawdle to fill one up - at 256MBs it's considerable smaller than a CD - re MP3s it holds around 7 albums, and the first of my two is filled now with 7 recent purchases - only downside is that the plug on the headphones is smaller than a normal mini-jack so I have to use the phones they come with - luckily, they are of a reasonable standard - amazing...

"Desperate Housewives" rounded off a pleasant evening...

Highlight of the Day : The wonder of technology...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 26 or 31 to Shandwick Place or Princes Street, then Number 33 to Little France?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

26 to Haymarket and 33 to the Infirmary - got a No 8 back into town for a mosey round the record shops...

Anonymous said...

Nice one. Good old LRT.

Anonymous said...

Just in case you don't know yet:

Alice Cooper
Motorhead
Joan Jett

SECC - Glasgow - Nov 7 - £32.50

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I hate the SECC - but I'll be there...must get round to buying those platform boots so I can see the stage....

Thanks