Friday, March 23, 2007

Doppelganger...

Playlist
Tracks from 100 “Good” Albums:-
David Sylvian – Gone to earth
Marillion – Anoraknophobia
Roxy Music – Stranded
Brian Eno – Another Green World
David Bowie - “Heroes”
Robert Fripp – Exposure
Alice Cooper – Love it to Death
Craig Armstrong – As If to Nothing
The Cure – Disintegration
John Wetton – Battle Lines
Spock’s Beard – Day For Night
Genesis – Foxtrot
Rush – Hemispheres
Sparks – Kimono My House
David Bowie – Low
Icehouse – Man of colours
Jon Anderson – Olias of Sunhillow
Mick Ronson – Slaughter on 10th Avenue
Plus
Bach – Brandenburg Concertos
Various – The Blue Box : Blue Note’s Best
Sonny Rollins – Plus 4

Just the one jazz CD this Friday – Sonny Rollins’ “Sonny Rollins Plus 4”, which was the album of which I read a review on All About Jazz which prompted me to listen to Mr Rollins last night...



Back home and the postie had put my Blue Note Box Set inside the catflap which was very kind, as it meant I wouldn’t have to go to collect it tomorrow morning...

Listened to most of the first two discs before we left the house for a night out with old chum Alan McLaren and his wife Eileen. Alan was our Commercial Solicitor back in the days of Reptile Records and is one of the few people I know with a music collection as large, if not larger, than my own...

We had a few beers/G&Ts in Thompsons on Morrison St before heading up to an Indian place called Ghandi’s – which Anne and I once frequented in its previous life as a Mexican...

One of Alan’s client’s, a fruit and veg supplier, recommended it to us...

The food was excellent – including a liver curry, something Anne and I hadn’t seen before...

Then back to the pub for a few nightcaps, where Alan and Eileen regaled us with stories of their exploits as rabid Celtic season ticket holders - includng their various trips to Europe...

Alan is my Doppelganger – he looks a bit like me, we both have big music collections and we’re both musicians – I, however, am not a solicitor...

We discovered other traits we share too but I can’t mention them here...

A taxi home and Mr Rollins on the cans...

An enjoyable night out...

Highlight of the Day : Catching up with my lawyer...

No comments: