Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Number One with a shredder....

I succumbed today to a long held desire to buy what I hope will turn out to be decent speakers for my jukebox – they’re made by the same company as the jukebox, Creative, and always receive glowing reviews. A couple of months back I bought a very small set from M&S but, frankly, they’re just not up to the job.

Of course I bought them on e-bay, saving around £10 on the real price – I’m also looking for my third manual shredder in as many weeks after procuring one for us, one for Anne’s sister, Jane and now the search is on for one for Anne’s mum.

You may remember Gary the non-karaoking man from a few weeks back. Yesterday he loaned me another set of DVDs he’s got from his brother. They contain every number one hit single from 1960 to mid 2004 (in fact all No 1’s bar the last 35 and he has more discs covering the 50’s which he’s promised me).

So, tonight, apart from watching CSI Las Vegas, I’ve been listening to nothing but number one singles – and discovering that quite a few I hated at the time, I now find quite acceptable – as I write I'm listening to Lt Pigeon’s classic “Mouldy Old Dough”, followed by Gilbert O’Sullivan’s “Claire”.

You can’t hide class I suppose….

I also tonight downloaded for free, the rare Brian Eno soundtrack to the Derek Jarman film, "Glitterbug" and three mystery tracks by Yes' Jon Anderson which it's rumoured he recorded for the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I already have a version of "Glitterbug" which I transferred from the soundtrack of the video quite a few years back - turns out the downloaded version is exactly the same apart from the opening track which i've never heard beofre and which wasn't in the version of the film which I saw....

No comments: