Sunday, June 12, 2005

Songs and Gardens...

A bit of a long lie today, but only after getting up at 5 am for some double strength Ibuprofen and then spending a couple of hours on the computer loading some more CDs into the jukebox.

We went to a nearby Garden Centre for breakfast as Anne wanted to get some more plants for the garden. Back home around midday, Anne was outside planting while I was inside surfing and mucking about with some more pictures from the new camera..



Following the Deeperdown EPs (all seven of them) the next Crispycat release will be the CBQ Anthology mentioned here sometime back in March I think. So today I spent some time learning chords and words for around six of the sixteen songs (there are also twelve instrumentals) included on the 2CD set. I don’t recall ever playing these six live before but I should be prepared to – hence the work today.

Then I ran through all sixteen songs then watched an old episode of Dr Who then back upstairs to practise the six "new" songs again. Then I set about recording acoustic versions of them...

"The Dream Has Gone", "I Thought You'd Stay", "Terra Nostra Epilogue", "Baby Please", "The Price You Pay" and "Every Bridge Takes Me Closer to Home".

The rest of the night was spent backing up all the files on the computer to DVD...

The picture below is a collage of the Garden Centre and our own garden (the fish, gnomes and ducks are at the Garden Centre...)

No comments: