Friday, June 24, 2005

The computer sucks me in...

Spent too much time on the computer again today. I had to get Anne's personal settings just right which took a couple of hours from around 6 am. Then we had breakfast and I basically just arsed about on the computer till around 11 am.

Another CD arrived - an early Udo Lindenberg effort from Germany called "Free Orbit" - seems to have been recorded in the late 60's - it's listed on his website but the CD I've got appears to have been recorded off of an LP...

We got the bus into town to hand in the holiday photos for developing then lunch at the Muang Thai, where we went a few weeks ago for Anne's friend Lynn's birthday. As before, the food was excellent - and their lunch offer of two courses for £7.50 was spot on...

I bought a new pair of jeans to replace the ones I had on - the ones with the big hole in between my legs (in my jeans madam, in my jeans...)

Back home I fell asleep as we watched the tennis, then spent another few hours on the computer updating the blog with tales from Germany. I'm on MSN Messenger now (obviously I'm only 14) and Craig sent me a great wee programe which tags MP3s properly - seems only to work though if you have the tracks in the correct order?



No tea tonight as we're still full from lunch. At 9.30 we watch the Karen Dunbar Show then last week's Criminal Intent which we videoed whilst away - it's the last in the series - Aaargh!

Anne slopes off to bed as I head for the computer again but only after after witnessing the White Stripes at Glastonbury - they must be one of the worst acts I have ever seen....truly terrible....and this from a man who buys CDs by Udo Lindenberg recorded in the 60s....taste is a wonderfully subjective thing....Mark Radcliffe and that blonde woman with the smiley face (Jo Whiley?) are just too smug for words....make me want to puke....I hate the whole festival thing - it's pish - the worst form of corporate rock posing as indie - the people there deserved the drenching they got - who in their right mind pays hundreds of pounds to stand around in a field watching shite like the White Stripes....

Of course I was at Knebworth twice in 1978....

No comments: