Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Adios 2019...

Playlist
The Bad Plus - It's Hard
65daysofstatic - replicr, 2019
Loscil - Equivalents
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 2019-12-01
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Various Artists - A History of the Single - The 2010s
Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift (Deluxe Edition)
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Japanese Edition)
Long Distance Calling - Boundless
The Bad Plus - Never Stop II
Soft Machine - Hidden Details
Bryan Ferry - Olympia
Alice Cooper - Paranormal
Various Artists - The Legacy of Disco
Various Artists - 100 Hits: Boogie Nights
Max Richter - Voyager: Essential Max Richter

Up super early, lurgi related unable to sleepness being the culprit...


With time on my hands, I now put together a playlist of my "Top 50 Singles of the Decade"...

Then, I decided to create a Taylor Swift  complete singles playlist, which involved downloading 7 I didn't already have - of the total of 50 to date ...

At lunchtime, my final purchases of the year...

At the Bernardo's Pop Up shop, these for £2 each (still unplayed as I type this four days later)...



Then to Fopp, ostensibly to spend my Secret Santa token...

I spent considerably more...

A 2CD best of by Max Richter, £17...


This year's Bad Plus, £8...


A collection of rare disco, £9...


...and a book about Hearts for Anne - a fact a day...

In the afternoon, TV watched and ripping carried out...

At which point, I discovered  I'd already bought the Disco set back in March...

Idiot!

Listening comprised five more albums of the decade, coincidentally including the Bad Plus above...

This evening, around 6, the New year celebrations started...

Soundtracked by the disco collection then some of my singles of the decade then Boogie Nights...

Xmas beers were quaffed...




...and Lynn and Ross were round to assist and to enjoy Anne's been cooking all day steak as opposed to mince chilli with all the sides...



Yumtastic!

Lemon tart also enjoyed, followed by unpictured cheese and biscuits but no coffees...


Prosecco, wine and gin the staples, as we headed to the end of 2019...






We drank, nibbled and chatted into the early hours...


...as the debris of the evening piled up in the kitchen...


At 2, your correspondent having fallen asleep (what with having been up since 4:30 and all), an end to proceedings was called just after two...

Lynn and Ross set off home on a reasonably mild night, while I hit the sack, with Max Richter briefly in my ears, before drifting back into the land of nod...


Adios 2019...

Highlight of the Day : Celebrating with chums...

No comments: