Friday, May 03, 2019

A well kept surprise is the best surprise...

Playlist
Various - A History of the Single 1959-2029 (May)
Capital Models - 2019-04-28

Up early and into town...

It seemed there was nothing happening re my 60th birthday...

Of course, in hindsight, I realise now, various ruses were taking place to fox me - and fox me they did...

This included being called to fix an unbroken printer, which apparently allowed various balloons and other stuff to be smuggled into the building...

Then, finding out many chums had been out for a lunch without inviting me - I spent lunch on my own - a quick sandwich then along to Fopp, where this was purchased...


Then, chums heading off to the bar mid afternoon...

Of course these are all things that have happened to others in the past...

At 3 I was called to Kyloe at the West End to the Private Dining Room, ostensibly to "help out with a Pop Quiz"...

Imagine my surprise when, upon arrival, I was led into a room, in which I only knew one person and everyone else was pretty far gone, drinks wise, and all were in the middle of the main course of what looked like an excellent lunch!

Meanwhile, Anne was txting me asking what was happening...

I had to advise I was in the basement of a bar with a load of drunk guys whom I was helping out with a Pop Quiz...

Of course , Anne was round at the office awaiting my, and chum Yuill's return...

A master deception, it has to be said...

Around five, the festivities finally began, with speeches from Yuill, Raymondo and then, me...


My cobbled together nonsense probably wasn't quite as good as these pics of the attendees might suggest...

Spike and the EP...


Ali and Wheelie...


Glen and Margaret...


Baz, JB and Matt...



Gaz, Josh, Gursharn, Gina and Gillian...


...and old chum, John Yuille too


Then, cake, presented by Gina...


...part of wonderful spread which lasted all night...

Alan and Raymond ('s back) also pictured here...


Sparklers were blown out...


...and much drinking and carousing ensued...







Chief organiser, Wendy, now also pictured...


...and Eddie...





...and Bernardo, who took many of these pics...








As the evening wore on, some of the guys from the lunch I'd attended earlier also popped in...





There was some singing along - especially after Gillian took over "the decks"...







Eventually, some were a little fatigued...






Best pic of the night!


Home in a taxi around midnight, with the big 6 0 balloons in tow...

A great night and some very generous gifts indeed were also received...

To bed, the worse for wear...

Highlight of the Day : Surprise party...

No comments: