Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Old and, indeed, new...

Playlist
Bartók - String Quartets (Alban Berg Quartet)
Dover Quartet - Haydn Bartok Zemlinsky Edinburgh Queens Hall 2018-08-06
Roedelius - Selbstportrait I
Roedelius - Selbstportrait II
Mark Wingfield, Markus Reuter, Asaf Sirkis, Yaron Stavi - The Stone House

This evening, I had the opportunity to go along to see Irish Post Rock band, And So I Watch You From Afar...

However, I eschewed this in favour of some new and old music at home, tonight being at last able to facilitate a digital reboot of these two excellent early Roedelius titles, originally acquired from Pick Up in Kassel in 1980 and 1981...



...along with a considerable number of other Roedeius titles still or previously owned on vinyl...

Also some excellent improvised music by jazz guitarist Mark Wingfield and his extremely talented ensemble...

And I "taped" Monday's string quartets from the BBC iPlayer for posterity...

And there was "Holby City" too...

So, it's all good...

Today's artwork, "Roedelius I & II"...


Highlight of the Day : New and old music...

No comments: