Friday, August 17, 2018

Charts need to be kept up to date, or do they...

Playlist
Jasmin Boivin - Vertical Influences
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols
Druid - Waiting for Godot [Single]
Gregson-Williams - The Martian OST
Yes - Time And A Word
Dover Quartet - Haydn Bartok Zemlinsky Edinburgh Queens Hall 2018-08-06
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
And So I Watch You From Afar - The Endless Shimmering
Roedelius - Selbstportrait I
Pink Floyd - Capital Models Covers - The Originals
Mark Wingfield, Markus Reuter, Asaf Sirkis, Yaron Stavi - The Stone House
Fehlfarben - Knietief im Dispo
Jlin - Autobiography
Yes - Fragile
Farben - Starbox
Sumner McKane - Speedway Maine Soundtrack
The Black Sweden - Gold
Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks OST
Frank Peter Zimmermann - Berg; Stravinsky: Violin Concertos
Justin Currie - What Is Love For
Jasmin Boivin - Vertical Influences
Mozart - Le Nozze Di Figaro, K.492 Arr. For String Quartet (1799)
Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things
Penguin Cafe Orchestra - A Brief History
Ravel - Ravel: A Quatre Mains - The Abbott O'Gorman Duo
Enchant - A Dream Imagined
DJ Hell - Misch Masch
Uriah Heep - Wonderworld

A day spent, in the main, listening to the music from last night's show, the tracks for this week's podcast and a Uruah Heep fave from 1974...

No further outlandish purchases or bargains to report...

Back home, the squirrel was visiting...



...which was, of course, quite interesting for Mia the Visiting Cat...





Tasty pasta for tea as a two week "staycation" holiday started...

"Unforgotten" watched and enjoyed - one to go...

Then to recording the links and the actual podcast...

A new project too...

The other day I went to my box of "My Own Charts", which I originally kept from 1973 onwards, before going back and creating, in retrospect, further charts from May 1959 to the end of 1972...

In the box is a folder containing several attempts to keep things up to date...

Finally, at the start of 2004, things petered out...

By that point, my weekly charts had dwindled from a Top 100, Top 75, Top 50, Top 30, Top 10, Top 5 to, basically, what were my number ones...

From all of those charts, I have a list of all my own "number one singles" from 1959 through to the end of 2003...

So I decided to get that going again by trawling through my "Red Books of CDs I Own" and creating playlist for each year from 2004 to now of my "number ones", as CDs came into the collection...

A very enjoyable couple of hours...

2004 in the bag (or on the hard drive)...

My self compiled and burned "Now That's What I Called Music" series of 2CD sets came to a halt in February 1997 - those could be restarted...

Meanwhile, Mia had found her new favourite spot...




Sadly, she'll be going home tomorrow - it's been great having here...

She'll be back later this year though, possibly with a Dubrovnikian companion...

Today's artwork, "Cat and Music"...


Highlight of the Day : Compiling and Podcasting...

No comments: