Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pulling matters out of the proverbial fire...

Playlist
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2017 Vols 1-52
Udo Lindenberg – Intensivstationen

Well now, it's Wednesday and I am writing this next Sunday, on the third day of our trip to the Yorkshire Dales...

I recall that, today, I listened back to the two newly prepared podcasts and did some judicious editing thereof, prior to their publication on Friday morning...

In the evening, a meet up with Anne and to the environs of the Festival Theatre, dining at Kebab Mahal before witnessing Scottish ballet's performance of two Stravinsky pieces...




“The Fairy's Kiss”, whilst impressive, was not really to my liking – I should have known upon hearing the words “hommage to Tchaikovsky”...

The dancing was just too traditional in nature, while the music too was a let down for Stravinsky...

The second piece, “The Rite of Spring” however, pulled matters out of the proverbial fire, with a trio piece set in a three sided “cell”...






Made the evening worthwhile...

Big thanks to Anne's chum Teresa for the ticket – she had been unexpectedly called away and I stepped into the breach...

Back home, through the door from that Europe, an Udo Lindenberg live CD which I bought on its release in the early eighties on double LP and which I still have...

I thought I already had this on CD but it was a burn from my LP, which had since deteriorated and been binned...

On checking again his vast discography, thinking I must surely have all studio and live albums by now, I found there is just one live LP from the late 80's which eludes me...

The search is on...

This is how I waste my time and money – but it brings me pleasure so...

Lights out with Herr L in the cans...


Highlight of the Day : The second Stravinsky...

No comments: