Thursday, August 10, 2017

So far, so good...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Guitar Bass & Drums 2017
Gould - Glenn Gould - The Composer
Alice Cooper - Paranormal
Teresa Salgueiro - O Horizonte
Alphaville - Forever Young
Ghost Quartet - Ghost Quartet
Fresh - Electronic Music From The Kitchen
Various - A History of the Single - The 2010s
Various - The Wire Tapper 28
Jenkins, K - Adiemus 2 - Cantata Mundi
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Vendôme EP
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (40th Anniv)
Sarah Harmer - I'm A Mountain
Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece (Remaster)
The Supremes - Baby Love - The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
David Reilly - Rubinmusik 1977-2017
Various - California Dreaming

Jackson Browne - The Naked Ride Home
Elbow - Little Fictions
The Supremes - Baby Love
Giorgio Moroder - Deja Vu

And again up super early and working...

Quick initial mixes of eight guitar, bass and drum tracks...

Which soundtracked the start of the day...

So far then,  I've managed to:-

(a) create 30 drum tracks
(b) record 30 basslines
(c) mix 15 bass and drum versions so that I then managed to
(d) record 15 guitar parts and have
(e) mixed 8 guitar, bass and drum versions re adding vocals

...all of which means, I still have to:-

(a) mix 15 more bass and drum versions
(b) record another 15 guitar parts
(c) mix another 22 guitar, bass and drum versions
(d) record 30 vocals
and, finally
(e) fully mix 30 songs

Then...

(a) recreate 30 mixes with just bass and drums with the bass turned up and the drums turned down for drummer Johnny and I to play along to pending word from drummer Keith re his bass participation...

So, not quite as quick as I'd hoped (which, to be honest would have been super quick) but getting there...

And,as a bonus, every time I get pissed off doing it all and shut it all down thinking it's a load of pish and I should just give up - the next day, when I listen back, it's not too bad after all...

Which is good...

And some of those drum tracks will probably be the basis of a new song-based CBQ LP - my first since 2012...

Of course I still have to write the songs...

Anyway, to Fopp at lunchtime and three £3 purchases made...

Brand new Elbow...


59 tracks by the Supremes...


..and the special 2CD edition Giorgio Moroder from 2015...


In the evening, Anne was out with Jane and her mum for a meal but I did not take advantage to do more work...

Instead, I had a night off...

Watched a documentary on Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, booked the accommodation for Spain, then compiled this week's podcast, recorded the links and put together the first hour...

For such a procrastinator, when I get going, I do alright I suppose...

Lights out post midnight...

Highlight of the Day :  Podcasting...

No comments: