Friday, December 02, 2016

A little bit pathetic really...

Playlist
Neal Morse Band - The Similitude of a Dream
Gregorio - Degrees of Iconicity
John Lewis - The Wonderful World Of Jazz
Various - I Love Serge : Electronicagainsbourg
Schumann - Violin Sonatas #1 & 2
Dominic Waxing Lyrical - Woodland Casual
The Jazz Crusaders - Freedom Sound
Sybarite - Nonument
David Fathead Newman - Fathead Comes On
Barber - The Songs
Simon & Garfunkel - Live From New York City, 1967
Yello - Toy
Nina Simone - The Nina Simone Collection: A Selection Of Tracks Recorded For The Colpix Label
Tilman Robinson - Deer Heart
Talvihorros - Eaten Alive
Seth Faergolzia - High Diver
Bidiniband - The Motherland
Various - Esound.Three
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow
Jeff Beck - Jeff Beck Group
Jeff Beck - Beck-Ola
Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention - Cruising With Ruben & The Jets

Mid afternoon, an invite by text from old footie chum Mick to attend tonight's MBFives Awards - free food and drink - an offer I normally cannot refuse...

However, when it cam e to it, for some reason, I could not bring myself to go...

I have not played a game now for probably a couple of years - I have not been a regular for probably five years - and so have contributed nothing to the coffers paying for the sustenance and imbibing...

Having initially accepted the invite, I texted later to say I couldn't make it and, instead, stayed in watching "Supernatural" (six episodes - but, for some reason the season finale was missing from the Tivo!)...


...and waiting on the call from Anne to pick her up from her own night out...

A little bit pathetic really...

I am not proud of this decision and can't really put my finger on why I bailed...

Writing this 24 hours later, I feel a lot better but hmmm...

I didn't even work on the potential new music with Craig - I just sat like a lump watching TV...

Yes, a little bit pathetic indeed...

Highlight of the Day : Receiving a kind invite...
Lowlight of the Day : Deciding for some unfathomable reason not to go...

No comments: