Saturday, August 22, 2015

It's weird but not as weird as me...

Playlist
Françoise Hardy - The Way of Love (2CD-R)
Buggles - Adventures in Modern Recording
Various - May Hit Singles 1959-2015
Various - Dub
Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green's Version) - Greatest Hits
Lachenmann - Complete String Quartets (Jack Quartet)
Various - Last 100 CDs
Schnittke - Symphony No 1
Françoise Hardy - Messages Personnels
Various - 365 Days of Music (24/7) on Shuffleplay

A reasonable Saturday did not start well, as I slept in till almost 9am...

Around 10 I set out to post CD orders and obtain a croissant for the Exec Producer's breakfast and some rolls for lunch...

Three branches of the croissant/roll shop and some very annoying roadwork related hold ups later and I was home for breakfast...

A 20 of your European Euros cup housed my tasty coffee nicely...


Meanwhile, the postie brought this re my foray into the attic last week to picture sci-fi book covers and my discovery that a couple of this series were mysteriously missing from the big - books I once enjoyed reading but which now reside in the attic - box...

A typical 1973 cover...

I say, madam...


Took Anne to her mum's at 2 for today's Hearts 3-0 win over Partick Thistle - Queens beat Dumbarton away 2-0 too, meaning, once again, we have a Saturday evening where our teams top their respective leagues...

Hopefully the not so mighty Hibees can do Queens a favour against The Rangers tomorrow...

On into town to return the borrowed six years ago but I didn't realise and so reborrowed Klaus Schulze set...

The streets were packed with Festival goers...



This was found in the British Heart Foundation shop - I am sure I had it back in the early 70's though can find no record - but I have it now/again and it is good...

It is Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac not the multi platinum Buckingham/Nicks version...


Also, in Oxfam, this - surely the weirdest symphony I have ever heard - it is good though - and, while pretty damn weird, not quite as weird as my new LP will be...


The weird music making, bespectacled, unshaven beast was about its business uptown...


...before visiting his mum...

Here we see an 84 year and 51 week old lady trying to put some correspondence from her bank back into its envelope, having had her arm bruised earlier in the week by a nurse extracting some blood...

Such is the exciting life of an  84 year and 51 week old lady...


Home briefly and then picked up an upbeat Anne from her mum's and stopped on the way home for a tasty wee curry...

In the evening "The Bourne Identity" was very much enjoyed - we've had this 3DVD set for a number of years now and finally decided to watch the first of the trilogy...

Very entertaining...

Some late night music - my iTunes content is now up to almost 365 days - 8,745 hours and that, on shuffle, soundtracked writing this up...

Another Saturday gone...

Started badly but ended up being just fine and dandy...

Highlight of the Day : Bourne Identity...

No comments: