Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Living in the past...

Playlist
Abba - The Singles : The First Ten Years
Yes - Yes
Soft Cell - The Art Of Falling Apart
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire
Public Image Ltd - Flowers Of Romance
Lou Reed - Lou Reed
The Durutti Column - LC
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
The Tubes - Outside Inside
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run
Loudon Wainwright III - Album II
Uriah Heep - Magician's Birthday
Talking Heads - The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads
Sparks - A Woofer In Tweeter's Clothing
Can - Unlimited Edition
Alice Cooper - Pretties For You
Sparks - Indiscreet
Dr Feelgood - Stupidity
Mott The Hoople - Mott
Roxy Music - Viva! Roxy Music
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Deep Purple - Fireball
Pilot - Second Flight
Black Sabbath - Vol.4
Free - Free Live
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene
Bryan Ferry - Another Time, Another Place
Trace - Trace
Free - The Free Story
The Carpenters - Horizon
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition
MC5 - Kick Out The Jams
Hawkwind - Greasy Truckers Party
Weather Report - 8:30
Brian Eno - Discreet Music
Rory Gallagher - Against The Grain
Neil Young - Comes A Time
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
The Beatles - With The Beatles
Sparks - Angst In My Pants
The Who - Tommy OST
Gary Glitter - Glitter
Andy MacKay - In Search Of Eddie Riff
Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come - Journey
Gentle Giant - Pretentious
Neu! - Neu!
Pink Floyd - Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd - Relics
Status Quo - Blue For You
Status Quo - Dog of Two Head
Isaac Hayes - Live at the Sahara Tahoe
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
Telex - Looking For St Tropez
Amon Duul II - Yeti
The Scars - Author! Author!
Kiss - Double Platinum
Cluster - Zuckerzeit
Jethro Tull - War Child
Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow
Robert Fripp - Exposure

Today I was mostly listening, on shuffleplay, to around 630 albums I purchase between 1972 and 1983 - hence the long list above...

I also organised a list of LPs bought during that period which I no longer have...

Around 60 of those are on a hit list now, with a further 130 or so kind of wanted...

I can recreate around a further 20 from tracks I already have...

Finally, there are around 70 which I wouldn't care if I never hear again...

Meanwhile, the weather was not great...





More moving around of music this evening and recreating albums I thought I had...

I think I may have finished the music move for now...

All the acquired albums 72-83 I still have are on the 160GB iPod (along with various other stuff, e.g. all my Blue Note CDs and the entire CBQ discography)..

My current top 50 purchases of 2015 are now on the phone...

And all acquisitions, both physical and virtual, since mid June, are residing on the 16GB iPod Touch which I have re-acquired from the EP following her purchase of a new phone...

Riveting eh?

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Listening to old, old LPs...

No comments: