Thursday, January 16, 2014

Arrival of tunelessness...

Playlist
Various Composers - Edition Zeitgenössische Musik 75
The Velvet Underground - 1969
King Crimson - The Road to Red
Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship The Landlord Is Dead
Trio Elf - Elfland
2raumwohnung - Lasso
Yes - Open Your Eyes
To Rococo Rot - The Amateur View
Dave King - I've Been Ringing You
Black Sabbath - The Best of
Hindemith - Kammermusik 1-7
Dutch Uncles - Out of Touch in the Wild
Various Composers - Edition Zeitgenössische Musik Vol 1
Various Composers - Edition Zeitgenössische Musik Vol 4
Cloudland Blue Quartet - SSSQ XIX
Scelsi - String Quartet No 1

It's getting noticeably brighter in the morning...


...maybe...

At lunchtime today, over to the Royal Mile to visit a record shop which turned out to be closed...

It afforded me the opportunity of visiting the White Horse, a hostelry which has an inviting back room which may be a venue for some musical outings this year...

A saltire seemed to hang in the sky as I walked back...


In the evening, replicating one of my favourite recent pics outside Haymarket Station...


..and really enjoyed the Dutch Uncles new album during the bus journey...

At home, the final missing disc (Vol 4 in the series) of the "Edition Zeitgenössische Musik" arrived at long last - I think I initially ordered it around 4 months ago  - you may recall I've been collecting these collections of fairly tuneless contemporary German classical music for a wee while now...

Very fine indeed...

Coincidentally, an earlier acquired disc in the series had started off today's listening...

New comedy enjoyed on E4 tonight - "Big Bang Theory", "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and "Two Broke Girls" - the first and third being returning favourites, the second will become a favourite I feel...



Hopefully I've done it correctly and you can hear it if you try...

One of the movements was also included in last week's weekly playlist...

My second last act of the day, as I listened to the tuneless German stuff, was to order two CDs of music by the Italian composer Scelsi, a discovery from last year...

My last was to download a recording of his first string quartet, which accompanied me to bed...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Arrival of tunelessness...

No comments: