Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm on thirty six a month...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Juxtaposition
John McLaughlin – To the One
Sonny Rollins – Sonny Rollins’ Next Album
John Coltrane – The Believer
John Coltrane – Afro Blues Impressions

Lovely Easter Monday...







To a certain music emporium where I found some new jazz titles at £3 each...

I swithered over five Joe Henderson titles but decided against as I already have burns of them taken from a box set borrowed a while back from the library...

But Joe Henderson rocks...

Instead I partook of two John Coltrane titles, one of which is a two CD live set – and Sonny Rollins' 1972 album “Next Album” – issued after a long hiatus from the recording studio...

I worked out last night that my last two thousand CDs have been acquired at a rate of around 36 a month – so, for over four and a half years now, I have been acquiring CDs at the rate of more than one a day...

I am ill...

Back home under the alien sun...





...to enjoy jazz burblings whilst I rounded off the first half of the “putting home burned CDs into plastic sleeves” project...

I started off two months ago with all these...



...now reduced to these...



..having put all these into plastic sleeves so far...



So, a good jazzy night...

The Coltrane smokes, maaan...

Highlight of the Day : Jazz...

No comments: