Friday, October 15, 2010

Watching the LEM...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Splinterheart Live Set
Brian Eno - For All Mankind Soundtrack (CD-R)
Brian Eno - Biography Collection (CD-R)

A lovely autumn day again...

My favourite telegraph pole was looking particularly good on the way home...


This evening, we drove to Glasgow for a concert in this weekend's "Minimalism" series...


We were at the Old Fruitmarket, for Icebreaker's performance of Eno's music, accompanying a screening of Al Reinert's film, "For All Mankind"...



Comprising NASA footage from the manned missions to the moon which took place between 1968 and 1972, the film provided a moving backdrop to some of my favourite ever music...

I have the full DVD of the original film at home - tonight's screening was an edited version - but, nonetheless, this was an inspiring spectacle enjoyed by a packed audience...


Of course, as ever, there was the odd disrespectful fidgeting idiot amongst us but I did my best to put that out of my mind as I enjoyed the performance...

Back home just after midnight...

Excellent stuff...

The right stuff...

Highlight of the Day : Minimalism for all mankind...

No comments: