Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kaput...

Playlist
The Beatles – Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
Rheostatics – 2067
Wings – Wingspan
Tom Waits – Used Songs
David Gilmour – Live in Gdansk
The Chemical Brothers – Brotherhood

Another lovely morning soundtracked by tasty albums from The Beatles and Rheostatics...



To FOPP at lunchtime for the first time in a while and there were new bargains to be had...

Five DVDs and four CDs were purchased...



On DVD “Terminator 3”, “Ratatouille”, “The Science of Sleep”, “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” and “Life is Beautiful”

On CD, best of discs by Wings, Tom Waits and The Chemical Brothers (“that’s a bit trendy for you” said colleague Tracey – might have cut me to the quick but she is a George Michael fan) and a live 2CD set by David Gilmour (which I downloaded a few months ago and never listened to)...

Prep for the album release continued today as the covers were secured...

In the evening, roped into the footie to make up the numbers yet again – one goal in a 4 v 4 match which my team, the Whites, lost by just one goal – my right knee is kaput though and, once again, that might have been my last game...

Some much sought after refreshment...



...followed an excellent dinner from the Exec Producer’s kitchen – fillet steak with mushrooms, onions and fries in a creamy pepper sauce...

My mobile is also kaput so, with the Exec Producer having recently bought a new one, I got her old one (which was once Count Brodski’s phone, so not even 2nd hand) and have Alice Cooper’s “School’s Out” as my ringtone – I am thinking of changing it to Fripp & Eno’s “Swastika Girls” though for more obscurity kudos...

Ended the night with much mucking about on the PC as Picasa picked up all the moved pics and I wrote out yesterday and today whilst enjoying the block rockin’ beats of the brothers chemical...

Lights out...

Highlight of the day : Back to FOPP/Anne’s cooking

2 comments:

Martin Lennon said...

How did you enjoy The Tom Waits best of and - did you enjoy Ratatouille as much as I unexpectedly did?

I got rid of the naughty version of cubase I had in exchange for an actually bought version of Guitar Tracks Pro - the cakewalk digital audio for lowly guitarists... have you used that?

hope you're well, and congrats on the album. :D

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Martin - good to hear from you - hope all is well with you!

Tom Waits was never a favourite of mine - I couldn't see (or rather, hear) past the terrible voice...

However, perhaps I am mellowing with age, as I did indeed enjoy this retrospective of his Asylum years...

As I listened, I was reminded of all the years I hated Bob Dylan only eventually to capitulate...

I used Guitar Tracks Pro for the new LP having done much of the work on my previous album on Cubase...

I do prefer GTP but the reversion wasn't wholly through choice - I was locked out of my Cubase Studio some considerable time ago when I tried to add a huge Grand Piano programme to it..

I accidentally wiped my virtual dongle and couldn't remember my Key (or where I'd written it down) and couldn't be arsed re-installing from scratch (which, without the key, would have been pointless anyway)...

I find GTP gives a more "organic" feel...

Looking fwd to getting the LP "out there"...

Cheers