Monday, April 13, 2009

County man...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Various – Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay

Spent some considerable time first thing this morning working on the mix for “My House Could Be Your Home” and fine tuning the two parts of "The Sound of the Fall" before setting off into town in good weather, listening to the album on the cans...



In the evening, Anne met with me and we made our way to Tollcross to the Cameo Cinema and enjoyed a coffee/orange juice prior to the film “The Damned United”, regarding Brian Clough’s career up to and including his 44 day “reign” at Leeds United...



This is a period in English football (1968-1974) which I remember well – I started getting into music big time in 1972 but, prior to that, footie was my main love (Arsenal was my team from 1970/71 onwards – Scotland-wise, being a protestant from Glasgow, I was a rangers supporter – but, of course, also followed Queen of the South due to their very attractive name) – so the events of the film struck a chord with me...

Michael Sheen was excellent as Clough as was Colm Meaney as his arch rival, Don Revie – it’s a good film – in a very British way – and I came a way entertained and educated despite, like the recent “Frost/Nixon” film which also stars Sheen (and which copped out on the actual events), the rather large chunks of artistic licence on display...

Drove home...



...where Stewart Lee entertained although the advertised show on religion was postponed and he talked about comedy instead – perhaps as it was Easter Monday today?

Ended the day with another 90 minute stint on the elusive “good” mix of the song...

Bed at midnight...

Highlight of the Day : The Damned United

No comments: