Friday, April 03, 2009

I love to go a-wandering...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
David Bowie - “Heroes”

A misty morning...



...which later gave way to a sunny day...

Wandered aimlessly around HMV at lunchtime – as is my wont...

Post arbeit, wandered unaimlessly down to Stockbridge for a pre-arranged rendezvous with the Exec Producer, Arsenal Chris, Fonz and Debbie...

Saw this bird house...



I was to be there for 6 and arrived roughly 45 minutes early so wandered aimlessly around Stockbridge as the shops were closing...

Saw this – the largest remote control I’ve ever seen...



In the Shelter shop, I found a copy of Thomas Mann’s “Death in Venice/Tristan/Tonio Krogor” and purchased said book for £1.50...

I wandered unaimlessly back to Hamilton’s bar and found a comfortable chair, sipped on a pint of Kronenbourg, slipped on the old reading glasses and started to read the book – whilst listening to Mr David Bowie’s 1977 classic, “”Heroes””...

The quartet arrived around 6:25 – I had been warned of their tardiness by text – and we stayed in the bar a-drinking and a-carousing until – well, I don’t know really as Mr K magicked my mind...




We were joined later on, post Debbie’s exit, by hairdresser Keith Angus – coincidentally a great chum of Arsenal Chris and the man who, once upon a time, tended to the hair-tending needs of the Exec Producer...

Mr A had just finished work on Fonz’s young lady, Louise’s hair and very fine it looked too...

I “helped” Arsenal Chris in his attempts to “chat up” two young ladies at the end of our table – one of whom was getting married in Sorrento in June, the other wasn’t – but nonetheless was not up for any sort of relationship with Chris...

They were good fun though...

Anne and I left everyone to it, stopped off at the chippie...



...walked back up to Princes Street and caught a bus back to Crispycat Towers...

Your correspondent was officially “the worse for wear”...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : A night out with chums...

No comments: