Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Anticipation...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Ersatzreal
The Bad Plus – Myspace Tracks
The Bad Plus – The Bad Plus (Motel)

Before I say anything else, take a trip over to the Bad Plus’ MySpace site and check out some music from their forthcoming album, “Prog” (and from their previous albums)...



Also today, an e-mail from Mr Craig Harding down in the NW of England brings to my attention that The Blue Nile (not Paul Buchanan but yer actual Blue Nile) are playing in Manchester...


Maybe there’s a new album? No, surely not - it's only three years since their last one...

I’ve only ever been to Mancheser once – now I’m going again...

So there we have it, two of my favourite bands and I still haven’t shelled out for Alice Cooper, Marillion, Rush or Asia (or Wetton/Downes aka Icon) yet...

And there are new albums coming from all of them...

And one from me too – of course when I listen to the above artists, I wonder why I bother at all....

And, on top of these concerts, there’re all those I’ve shortlisted during the Edinburgh International festival and, unlike last year, when I ringed but didn’t attend any items in the Jazz Festival, this year I will make a point of going...

And of course there’s the trip in June to the quinqennial Modern Arts Festival that is Documenta in Kassel, Germany...

To all of those things I say “I can’t wait”....

No sign of the 4 discs awaited from e-bay – hopefully a couple will arrive tomorrow before the Easter shut-down...

Downloaded some tasty jazz from Destination Out instead – not that I really need anything new of course...
And phoned my mum on her wedding anniversary...

Telly : Corrie – disappointing episode after all the excitement of the trial; Grand Designs – a builder almost single-handedly converted a huge Georgian church over the course of two years, at a cost of only around £120,000 - follow the dream indeed; Desperate Housewives – Orson Hodge was redeemed at last...

And finally, forgot to mention that, last night, Queen of the South took their unbeaten run in the Scottish 1st Division to 10 games with a 1-1 draw at home to Hamilton Accies. Although that point took them above Partick Thistle into 7th place (probably their highest all season) – they are still only 4 points clear of the play-offs with four games to go...

Nailbiter...

Highlight of the Day : Tix secured for The Blue Nile....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog interview with guest Mr Cloudland Blue:

What's your favourite line from a song?

Favourite David Bowie song?

Favourite moment in your life so far?

Did you ever play marbles?

Favourite place to take a wonder in the world?

Favourite pub in Edinburgh?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

What's your favourite line from a song?

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity" Spirit of Radio by Rush

Favourite David Bowie song?

Drive in Saturday

Favourite moment in your life so far?

Ah, there have been so many - probably "being born" - least favourite will be "dying"

Did you ever play marbles?

Yes

Favourite place to take a wonder
in the world?

The Konigssee in Bavaria

Favourite pub in Edinburgh?

The Shore Bar