Sunday, April 01, 2007

The empire begins...

Playlist
Virelai – Sad Steps
UK - UK
Icon - Icon II Rubicon
Earthworks – Earthworks
Dire Straits – Brothers In Arms
Bonnie Prince Billy – The Letting Go
Grandaddy – Under the Western Freeway
Hank Mobley – The Flip

Working again first thing on the album, today concentrating on organising all the files I’m using on the computer to create this “masterpiece”...

It’s clear I need to make some room on the hard drive...

Whilst doing this, I listen for the umpteenth time to one of my favourite albums of all time, UK’s debut “UK”...



After breakfast, we decide we will cook today and so it’s off to Tesco for ingredients and other shopping...

Back home, we prepare a marinade and add sliced chicken breast then leave to erm, marinate for a few hours...

I return to the computer and start burning all the albums I’ve been storing up on the hard drive...

I also save almost 4 gigs by backing up all the files used for Ian Sclater’s album last year onto DVDs...

After some tasty tomato soup, it’s back to housekeeping all the files for the new album to make it easier to get the work done on them...

Meanwhile, Hearts, as I predicted, have beaten Hibs at Easter Road (1-0) and Anne is delighted...

Then, time for some cooking (rather than “heating up”) – we’re making Caribbean Peanut Chicken. Much cutting, chopping and stirring is done by yours truly, while Anne is in overall command...

We watch this week’s “Ugly Betty” whilst it cooks to fruition – it has the consistency of a risotto and tastes like a thai curry, what with the peanut element and all....

A success – with the extra we’ve made doubling as my lunch tomorrow...

Corrie is followed by “The Best of Top Gear” as Anne surfs the Hearts websites triumphantly...

I have to switch “Top Gear” off – it’s not funny, and it’s all about cars – I thought “The Best of” would just be the funny bits rather than the boring car bits...

Instead I listen to “The Flip” by Hank Mobley – one of my top ten albums of the month, March 2007...

Then as Anne takes over the telly for her weekly Sunday dose of Jane Austen, I return to the PC to find I’ve won yet another CD on e-bay (and, probably for the best, I have lost three others for which I was bidding) – I currently await the arrival of four discs bought over the last few days ...
One last two and a half hour session on the new album and another weekend's over...

...and my 800th post - hence the title...

Highlight of the Day : Cooking with Anne...

No comments: