Sunday, April 08, 2007

The law of diminishing returns kicks in...

Playlist
CBQ – Ersatzreal
Rheostatics – Best of

Up at 6:40 with another idea spinning around my head – to add key changes to my song “Chocolate on your Bread”...

So I worked for a couple of hours, also re-writing the chorus lyric – the song is now called “The Golden House” and all references to chocolate are gone...

Also wrote a lyric for the previously instrumental title track “Ersatzreal” – my weirdest lyric for a good while...

Then worked up a full band version of “The Happy Song”, one of five which until this recent bout of work had been sitting on the hard drive as purely voice and acoustic guitar performances...

I felt a pang of guilt as I sang the backing vocals and noticed the mic was picking up the sound of Anne hoovering the house...

Eventually, the Law of Diminishing Returns kicked in and I called it a day after about six hours’ work...

To Tesco for a quick emergency provision shop, back home for some lovely coffee and to burn yet another amended version of the album – still a very long way to go....

Today's pic is one taken at the top of Corstorphine Hill yesterday...



To Anne’s mum’s for tea – Easter eggs for the kids (none for me though, dammit)...

We’re taking young Ollie to see the Mr Bean film this week and he wants to visit Crispycat Towers at some point too to see the episode of Dr Who I have on tape which features the Daleks and the Cybermen – he’s only seen the latest two episodes and is a fan of the show. He will be six this month and does not refer to our home as Crispycat Towers...

Back home, Anne convinces me to watch Martin thingy (the bloke from the 70’s cop show who plays Judge John Deed) in “George Gently” – an entertaining decision...

Highlight of the Day : The work done prior to running out of steam and any worthwhile ideas...

No comments: