Sunday, April 22, 2007

Uncle David's cheating...

Playlist
CBQ – Ersatzreal
Happy Apple – Youth Oriented
Impossible Songs – Rough Boys
Thad Jones – Detroit New York Junction

Up at 7 and washed all the dishes from last night...

Then on to the PC and tidied up the files for the new album, transferring the latest MP3s to the Jukebox – Meg the Black Cat helped out by directing matters from the shelf above the computer desk...



Out for breakfast around 10 – to a new venue, Café Citron at Blackhall. We drive past this place on our way to Patisserie Florentin and it’s usually full but today we parked up and managed to get a table...

Coffee was excellent as was my bagel with butter and jam – while Anne had the fullest bacon roll I think I’ve ever seen....

The added bonus was of course that the “carbon footprint” left by our journey to and from the café was around half of that which we’d have left had we gone to Patisserie Florentin...

Back home, I updated my MySpace page, posting up four of the latest demo versions of songs from “Ersatzreal” (check ‘em out) and added a few news articles to the Crispycat website...

Then I just sat in the living room with Meg the Black Cat and listened to some Happy Apple – tasty jazz!

Then the new Impossible Songs album, “Roughboys” which contains some new tracks and some remixes of previously available stuff – I must say, it rocks – though I may be biased of course...


Then round to Jane and Bobby’s for nephew Oliver’s 6th birthday party – Thad Jones featuring on the car stereo...

(I originally only posted a collage - but in 2024 on Ollie's birthday, I added a batch of individual pictures)...





























Ollie loved the remote controlled Dalek we gave him (as did niece Kitty) and I almost won Musical Chairs, Statues and Pass the Parcel even though the other contestants were complaining I was cheating which was patently NOT the case...


Back home, “Coronation St” on video, updated the diary for the weekend then “Match of the Day 2”...

Highlight of the Day : Party time...

No comments: