Thursday, September 29, 2005

Turn that racket down...

Further to the recent debate about whether I buy too many CDs (which, clearly, I do), I was back at FOPP today....

The Dream Theater album I bought on Monday appears to be sold out but today on offer is the follow up, a 3CD set of their live show at Tokyo's Budokan in 2004....

It's £3 for three CDs...



I bought it and it is good.

Anne declares my headphones to be "too loud" as she laughs at the racket coming from my corner of the living room while we watch Hibernian FC going down 5-1 in the Ukraine and crashing out of Europe after just two games...

It's September still and, already Celtic, Hibs and Dundee Utd are out of Europe...

..and Rangers lost 1-0 yesterday in Milan but remain in contention in their group thanks to an unlikely home defeat of Porto by the Bratislavan team who unexpectedly ejected Celtic from Europe last month...

At half time, while wading through (and washing up) the mountain of dishes piled up in the kitchen, I thought to myself I might go along to Out of the Bedroom tonight just to watch and listen...

However, Anne reminded me that the new programme starring Rik Mayall was coming on at 9, followed by "Mike Bassett-Manager" and then "Spooks" on BBC3...

So I stayed in and watched all these instead...

The Rik Mayall series, "All About George" (I think it's called) was ok and could well bring him greater exposure but it is pretty mainstream and, for me anyway, a long long way short of the delights of "Bottom" or even Alan B'stard...but I will continue to tune in...

Mike Bassett is a spin off from the film "Mike Bassett-England Manager" from a few years ago and is reasonably funny - I believe it's one of those shows which will get funnier as it progresses and the characters are developed...

"Spooks" is probably my favourite programme at present and so cannot be criticised. Suffice to say, tonight's episode was excellent.

Another happy day....

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

tragedy + time = comedy