Friday, September 23, 2005

Epiphany perhaps...

I wanted to upload all these photos separately because I feel they are good - but there's some kind of problem with "Blogger"...

So I collaged them and took one last go after numerous failures and here they are....



The black dot in the middle pic and the one to its right is a helicopter...

These cloud formations were stormy and fast moving in a deep blue sky...

Anne went out tonight with her sister, Jane, for a meal and to the cinema to see a film in which surely only girls would be interested...

I had predicted that I would switch on the TV and get sucked in by pish that I didn't even want to watch instead of doing something "worthwhile" (which is subjective of course) like recording the vocals for my new album or perhaps creating a soundscape, or doing the dishes, or updating the journal for the days we were in Austria...

However, my MP3 collection of "Now That's What I Call Music Vols 1-61" arrived today..

So, after cooking some pasta for tea, and watching an ever so tiny wee bit of TV (around two minutes), I listened to a few tracks...

Much of this music is surprisingly good - especially the more recent stuff...and the strange thing is that, since the MP3 files are just listed as "track01", "track02" etc I don't even know who's singing them or what the songs are called...of course eventually I'll look at the artwork that's also stored on the DVDs which hold the MP3s...

These are things I would never have bought at the time they were popular but many of them are quite excellent - superb production - good lyrics - good music - why am I so prejudiced against what is, after all, just pop music?

Is this an epiphany for Mr Quartet?

No comments: