Monday, September 26, 2005

Intense and dense...

Maybe I should keep a tally...

Time spent on my music today - nil

Time spent on art today - nil (other than taking a few photos)

I did however stop by FOPP and bought prog-metal band Dream Theater's 2003 album, "Train of Thought" for £3....

I gave it its first listen tonight. It's incredibly intense and dense and will take a few listens to come to terms with....



I was also on the look out for a new sieve, having ruined our last one at the weekend while doing the dishes...

I got a rather heavy black metal sieve/collander for a couple of pounds more than a normal stainless steel seive and used it to drain my tomato and basil pasta before adding some red pesto sauce, parmesan and black pepper...

It was a horrible windy, rainy, wintery day today so, this evening, the fire went on...



...and, after some problems with a slow moving computer which I left to be cleaned up by four separate programmes, I watched Jack Dee at the Apollo - some superb funny stories and observations - he opened his act by reading headlines and personal ads out of the local paper - in his hands, a comedy feast..

Then the highlights of Hearts v Rangers - incredibly one of the lines in the programme was "Celtic must be pleased to have pulled six points clear of Rangers"....

Pardon me for raining on the 'tic's parade but the Jam Tarts are a further six points ahead of the inhabitants of the potato bowl that is Parkhead...

More dense than intense...

But Dave, I hear you cry, what of the mighty Doonhamers? The veritable Queens of the South?

Well, sad to say QoS remain rooted to the foot of Division One with two points from seven games, having scored only their second league goal of the season in Saturday's home defeat by Hamilton Academical..

Still, as Sir George Burley of Tynecastle would say, we're still less than a quarter of the way through the season...

No comments: