Thursday, September 15, 2005

Amazing recovery...

Amazing recovery...

Last night (and indeed most of yesterday) I was absolutely zonked and whacked, feeling like it'd be good if someone just put me out of my misery...

After a night of not much continuous bouts of sleep and an awful lot of sweating (yeuch) I awoke this morning feeling better...

Meg the Black Cat kept me company in the "sick room" for most of the night...

The weather's been pretty crappy too since we got back but today the wind had died down and it looked like it might brighten up later but autumn has definitely kicked in now...



So I was feeling ready for action this morning and Anne and I headed uptown to hand in the spools from the holiday – we really must invest in a good digital camera to save on all these processing costs....

To HMV and I buy a CD of some of Vivaldi’s Bassoon Concertos while Anne heads to Next and emerges with some things she likes...



Then to the French Institute for lunch – as recommended by Julia when we were round at hers the other night picking up Meg...

The reception there is manned by Monsieur Guy Le Compte, one of the more talented footballers with whom I occasionally play 5-a-sides...



We partake of : Lovely soup and bread – Wild Rabbit – Broccoli Tart – Various Vegetables – Salad - Poached Nectarines with Ice Cream and Raspberry Coulis – Lovely Coffee....

Back home and Anne spends some time in the garden as the weather, which hasn’t been of the gardening kind the past couple of days, has turned out to be quite fair...



Meanwhile I start the updating of the journal re the holiday while listening to Vivaldi, transferring CDs to the Jukebox and organising next week’s 5-a-side game....

In the evening we watch Hibs draw 0-0 in the Uefa Cup – it goes against the grain for us to support them, even though we know if they do well it boosts Scotland’s standing overall...

To be fair, I think they deserved to win, hitting the post twice and without a single meaningful attack by the Ukrainian opposition in the second half – but there we go...

They may well struggle to go through now but I suppose I hope they do...

No comments: