Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Toe Update

Colin Asquith from the Footie called me today to ask if I was up for a game tonight. Several people have e-mailed recently asking about my big toe. Here’s an update….it’s still giving me jip. Therefore I reluctantly declined the big man’s offer. I’m still hoping the situation will resolve itself but it’s looking more and more like at least £135 of my hard earned cash is going to go into getting the old toe fixed and made good as new – though, if it’s anything like our car, I’ll come out the chiropodist’s with exactly the same fault…

Reading sometime CBQ percussionist Jim Park (now comedian of this parish)’s blog (www.toecurler.com) I find he’s won £500 on a premium bond….maybe he’d like to chip in for my toe surgery??

Tonight Anne was at the local football derby, Hearts v Hibs. Hearts won the first half 1-0 but appear to have gone into comedy football mode in the second half and Hibs ran out winners of the whole game 2-1.

Suffice to say Anne was “sick as a parrot” as opposed to being “over the moon”.

While Anne was away, I spent some time compiling the, what may well turn out to be, fictitious CBQ “Deeperdown” CD singles. This involved transferring 14 of my back catalogue ambient albums on to the hard drive – well I did the first six.

Further to previous posts, I’m now going to go with the soundscape track being an edit from one of these CDs. The archive tracks will be the studio versions of the live tracks from the “Fifty Five Songs” recordings [during the Edinburgh Festival last year I played five Wednesdays and performed 55 different songs over the nights]. The live tracks need a wee bit of a tweak to be presentable but at the end of the night, I had the first six singles compiled and burned to demo discs for listening.

During breaks in the compilation, I rehearsed a potential set for OOTB tomorrow night – now consisting of the lead tracks from the first three singles.

Tomorrow the car goes back to be “fixed” (ha ha).

No comments: