Sunday, April 17, 2005

Nipple Alert

Feeling even worse today (up at 5:30 again). Went for breakfast to Patisserie Florentine with Anne...not at 5:30 obviously - we waited till 9:30...

On the way we discovered yet something else wrong with the car.

No…make that two things.

Firstly a brake light has failed. Access to it is so difficult that I’ll need to take it to the garage to have the bulb replaced!!

Secondly, on trying to listen more closely to the infernal noise from behind the dash, I noticed two small mounds, what I can only describe as “nipples”, sticking up out of the top of the part of the dash directly in front of the driver’s seat.

It appears the mechanics decided to tighten everything up with a little TOO MUCH vigour. Two of the screws have penetrated too far producing the nipplish lumps which I still cannot really believe are there.

I used to have an old car, a “P” reg Astra. It got me from A to B no problem. It didn’t cost hundreds of pounds a month just to have it. It wasn’t under warranty so we could take it to a local mechanic who actually knew what he was doing and who would fix any problem first time, every time at a reasonable cost. Aah, but it didn’t have an up to date number plate and it wasn’t shiny and black…..

Back at the house I spent all day selecting tracks, transferring them to the hard drive and putting together new versions of the 14 “Deeperdown” CD singles…

Other than that, I watched “Enterprise” and two episodes of “Law & Order : Criminal Intent” (the best thing on the box at the moment) back to back. Anne and I were both horrified that they’ve changed the tune…they can’t just change the tune, we said….the tune was one of the best bits (but we've kept the old tune at the end they said)...not good enough we said....

By bedtime I am feeling “rubbish” due to my infernal coughing, spluttering, sniffing, sneezing…and the bloody car’s nipples!!!

No comments: