Sunday, April 24, 2005

Session, Birthday, Finalisation….

As predicted, not feeling too great this morning after last night’s drinking session and the hottest starter this side of the surface of Mercury. Nonetheless, I had to get through a lot of work first thing to be at Ian Sclater’s for eleven for the second session of his solo CD. I just made it on time.

The session went well, we’ve made progress now on five of the proposed fifteen tracks. Ian wants me to get my nephew Andy Wilson in to play piano on a couple of tracks and I need to add some synth and stuff back at Crispycat Towers.

Back home at four and then round to Anne’s mum’s for our nephew Oliver’s fourth birthday tea. An Incredibles Cake appears to be the highlight of his day – that and me eating one of his new plastic insects….



Late on I listen again to the proposed EPs and decide to dump all the “Songs of the Sombre Reptiles” tracks. The very final format for the EPs (now reduced from 14 to 7), will be two “Deeperdown” songs, two live songs and an edit of the soundscape “A Tendency to Persist” which I used to open the “Fifty Five Songs” nights at the Waverley last year.

No comments: