Thursday, December 21, 2023

Painting, visiting, shop failing, hole filling...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twentytwentythree
Cloudland Blue Quartet - String Quartet No 2 (2023)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twentytwentythree: The Originals
Rod Stewart - Sing It Again Rod
Quiver - Quiver
The Who - The Who
The (Hypothetical) Prophets - Around the World With The Hypothetical Prophets
The Professionals - I Didn't See It Coming
Roger Waters - The Dark Side of the Moon Redux
Laura Pausini - Anime Parallele
London Brew - London Brew
Laurie Anderson - Homeland

Thursday and late up...


This morning I started on a new canvas, my first physical artwork for a few years now...

Initially, blue...


We'll see...

and the final push re the reconstituting of the 1972-1988 LP collection got me down to just 16 missing items, none of which I seem to be able to find anywhere so I guess that's that project taken as far as it can be...

This afternoon over to Bonnyrigg, via Loanhead...

The door-cleaning carried out last time has ben ineffectual...

Which is annoying...



Took the latest cards and presents from her home to mum...


...including a card sent to our house by Moira and Lex...


Noted in mum's Radio Times that this year's Xmas Special from "All Creatures Great and Small" is imminent...


Mum gave a thumbs up to this news...


I made her swear on Quintin Jardine that she would do her exercises everyday...


As ever, on the way home, after taking washing back to the house, the bypass was chocka...


I popped into the Gyle with a view to buying mum's Xmas present, having gleaned a few pointers from her during my visit...











Back out into the dark, empty handed after having consulted with Anne and agreed we would both return tomorrow morning...




Back home, Anne had been continuing with the latest hare...

Considerably better than my nonsense above...



Oh well...

This evening, a couple of "University Challenge" episodes (Xmas Alumni Specials) - including one where we scored 210, possibly our highest ever...

Later on, more work on the Nantes piece - I have promised to submit it by the weekend...

That was about it I reckon...

Highlight of the Day: Starting a new thing...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: