Saturday, December 05, 2020

Congratulations and, indeed, jubilations...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Covers Drums
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Crucifixion (1451) (2020 Jazz Edit) [Single]
Soft Machine - Live at the Baked Potato
David Sylvian - Deviation
In Continuum - Acceleration Theory Special Edition Pt 1 & 2
City And Colour - If I Should Go Before You
Sciarrino - String Quartets
Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 3
Suk - Works For String Quartet
Soler - Harpsichord Sonatas Vol.1
Spyra - Akustischer Stadtplan Von Kassel
Roxy Music - Roxy Music
Geisterfahrer - Schatten Voraus
Various Artists - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2020

A Saturday which pretty much amounted to nothing - even though I worked out some ideas for another  possible Disquietmusik remix/songs album a la Disquiet Songs from November - and I wrote a new chord sequence - so, perhaps, there's a new song in the offing somewhere rather than just mucking about with already extant stuff...

Anyway, up...


...and finishing off recording the podcast...


..accompanied by coffee...


...but no speakers, obvs...


Uploaded and out into the world...

A nice Tweet to see was one from a US music reviewer, for whom these were the artists most listened to in 2020...


Quite honoured indeed to see my name is not only amongst a plethora of artists whom I admire but that I am the most listened to of them all - with the font of Cloudland Blue Quartet being the largest...

Later, restarted the Random LP of the Day - I was 10 LPs behind  - and 55 behind re posting the pictures of vinyl on the Twitter...

So, I listened to a couple and posted up some pics - I am now 8 behind (as at today) and 7 weeks behind re the posts...

I once owned this LP on the Reprise label - a US import, which, unlike the UK version, included "Virginia Plain" and had a glammed up Rik Kenton pictured as the bassist rather than the normal, cardigan sporting, John Porter and lacked the sleeve notes...

Here are some pics re the version I owned...




I loaned it to Count Brodsky...

I noted he was taking an inordinate amount of time to give it back and, then, eventually, he admitted he'd sold it...

Hence, I never lend out music...

Anyway, this may well be Roxy Music's best LP, sadly on Polydor not Island (or, indeed, Reprise)...





Followed by Geisterfahrer's debut from 1980, bought in Kassel 40 years ago and still in the collection today...

A little like Joy Division...





For tea tonight, fish and chips but home made and very tasty, along with being much more healthy than the chip shop equivalent...


A call during the day from my mum allowed me to compile this week's shopping list for tomorrow...


So that's a task for tomorrow...

Watched "Strictly" whilst music listening but, eventually, fell asleep...

Maybe I get up too early...

But there's just so much of little consequence to get done...

Highlight of the Day : Anne congratulating me on my music...

No comments: