Friday, October 18, 2019

Do not adjust your headphones when you have a magazine inside your jacket...

Playlist
Udo Lindenberg - Stärker als die Zeit LIVE
Gregor Schwellenbach - Spielt 20 Jahre Kompakt
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
King Crimson - A Young Person's Guide to King Crimson
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twentynineteen
Various Composers - Edition Klavier-Festival Ruhr Vol 23
Wajnberg - String Quartets 8-10
Brian Eno - Before And After Science
Eloy - The Tides Return Forever
Jan Delay - Mercedes Dance
Andreas Dorau - Hauptsache Ich
Tomas Sauter & John Stowell - Anytime
Frank Niehusmann - Day Tracks 2
Various Composers - Edition Klavier-Festival Ruhr Vol 14
Various Composers - Edition Klavier-Festival Ruhr Vol 17
The Steve Howe Trio - New Frontier
Roll The Dice w/Glasser - Elevate
Marino Formenti - Nothing Is Real
S.P.Y. - Dubplate Style
Grand Theft Bus - Say It With Me
Opeth - In Cauda Venenum
Kosmischer Läufer - Volume 1:The Secret Cosmic Music of the East German Olympic Program 1972-83
Anthéne - Divisions
Herman Van Veen - My Cat And I
Rheostatics - Here Come The Wolves
Alice Cooper - Love It To Death
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico (Orig CD)
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Ulrich Schnauss - A Long Way To Fall (CD)
Various Composers - Millenium (1950-2000): Klangreise durch 1000 Jahre Musik
Glasperlenspiel - Tag X
Bach, J S - The Bach Family
Activater - C.Sides Compilation 2006
Cage - Music for Piano and Percussion
City And Colour - The Hurry And The Harm
Bacewicz - Complete String Quartets
Porter Ricks - Biokinetiks
Sons Of Apollo - Live With The Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony

Up early to do some "work" before heading into town...


...for which I needed the support of ...


...rather a large cup of coffee...


The views from the office this morning...



Left slightly early to make my way to WH Smith's at Waverley Sation, having found out yesterday that Waterstones the booksellers no longer sell magazines and WH Smith's was now my only option re acquiring the latest Wire Tapper CD, with magazine..



This was the first time in years I'd bought a copy - I used to subscribe but got fed up with reading a load of wanky pish about people I'd never heard of - I do like the Wire Tapper CDs though...

I took care to select the least fucked up copy from the shelf and guarded it well all day....

However...

However....

Heading home in the rain, I had it inside my jacket for protection...

Whilst waiting on the bus to arrive, my earbuds required some adjustment...

I raised my hands to carry this out and the magazine slipped out from under my jacket and landed smack bang in a great big puddle...

I now have the most fucked up copy of it in the UK...


Soaked...


Ruined...


Annoyed...

Anyway, back home, Anne had been out for lunch so I cooked for myself...

Onion...


Cherry tomatoes...


Mushrooms...


Tomato puree...


Egg noodles...


A touch of single cream...


Oh yes...




This is what happens to a speccy tube when he decants noodles into a collander...


The results were tasty in the extreme...


The evening was spent, amongst other things, discovering The Wire has not changed...

Hey ho...

Would have been nice to have had a nice copy of it though...

Highlight of the Day : Cooking....

2 comments:

Stephen (@stefp) said...

I agree about the The Wire magazine. I subscribed for a year or two but gave up. For a magazine about music it all feels so glum and joyless. It's almost impossible to find a photo of someone smiling in any issue.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hi Stephen - thanks for popping by. I originally subscribed with the intent of advertising my music in it but never got round to that. Took it for about 5 years but eventually decided enough was enough. have just finished completing my collection of Wire Tapper CDs though - I do like them... Stick the whole lot (51) on shuffle and you never know what previously unknown slice of wonder might pop up!

Cheers!