Saturday, October 05, 2019

A day at the screen, shortening...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2019
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Live Set 2019
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Twentynineteen

A day spent almost entirely at the computer...


Firstly, with tasty coffee, recording and uploading today's podcast...


...while tweeting pictures of records...


Then, I have been invited to play at Club Nitty Gritty as Cloudland Blue Quartet on 26 October (you may recall I played there at a Neil Young tribute night back in June, or you may not, but I did, I assure you)...

Anyway, after discussions with the EP, I decided to play this solo and indeed to feature all new songs...

Which was the reason for the day spent looking at stuff like this...


It's a 40 minute set but the new LP is currently a CD stuffing 80 minutes...

So, what was I doing?

I was firstly going back to all the mixes done so far and judiciously editing each track into a new, shorter, formation...

Then I recorded new vocals for each of the twelve songs and produced a new mix for each of the twelve...

And lo, by the end of the day after, all told, around 15 hours' work, it was good...

Other than music work, I enjoyed some tasty but healthy Indian food with Anne and enjoyed monitoring Queen of the South's 1-0 away win at Partick Thistle, on the Twitter...

Anne was surprisingly upbeat re her live viewing at Tynecastle of Hearts going down by a similar score to Kilmarnock...

It seems it is, indeed, only a game...

Highlight of the Day : Musicking...

No comments: