Sunday, December 17, 2017

Safer roads, thrashing and baldness appreciation...

Playlist
Teresa Salgueiro - O Horizonte
Duke Quartet - Barber Dvorak Glass
Marais - La Gamme
Gabriei Consort & Players - A Venetian Coronation
Haydn - Seven Last Words of our Saviour on the Cross, op 51
Händel - Partenope
Moulinié - Etienne Moulinié: Cantique De Moyse
Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Give the People What They Want
The Beatles - Solo Singles 1969-1974
Händel - Organ Concertos, Op 4

Up early again - no gym today - ripping continued...

Around 11:30, took Anne to her mum's - this afternoon they witnessed Hearts end Celtic's 69 game unbeaten run against domestic opponents in some style, as the Jam Tarts thrashed the Hoops by 4 goals to nil...

Whilst monitoring this and ripping CDs, I also tidied up the back room...





It becomes so untidy so easily...

Tiger visited...


Around three, he was invited out of the house and I drove out to my mum's, where sister Sheila and brother in law Andrew were already in attendance...

Good chat ensued...

My mum has failed her test to ascertain if she is fit to drive and, at 87 years old is having to surrender her license...

Her car has already been sold...

Sadly, her recent delirium and pneumonia and infection bouts have done for her spatial awareness and she is no longer safe behind the wheel...

She is taking it well, I must say...

End of an era...

At 5, over to Anne's mum's, where the mood was, of course, for a house full of Jambos, jubilant...

I had taken no pics and so handed the camera to Olly, which resulted in these...




  

He then undertook some crumb sculpting...




Kitty got in on the act too...


She likes the fact that I am bald and wanted to take some pics of said baldness - who was I to deny the young lady...




Home and yet another visit from Tiger - who seems to recognise the sound of our car now...



 "The Apprentice" final - man the contestants were abysmal and Sugar ended up investing in both finalists...

Of course I have to remind myself this is the man who duped millions with his Amstrad products...

Olly and I enjoyed some barbed txt exchanges on the proceedings but I had to give up half way through the subsequent "You're Hired" farrago...

Some late night Handel listening as I brought this up to date before Tiger was ejected once more and we hit the sack...

Highlight of the Day : Probably Hearts thrashing Celtic...

No comments: