Monday, July 23, 2012

Kings of Dave...

Playlist
The Beach Boys - Holland
The Beach Boys – Surf’s Up
The Bad Plus – You Are The Bad Plus (2CD-R Best of)
Joshua Pelt – Soul
The Bad Plus – Edinburgh Setlist

Conclusion of the saga of Pam’s house grows ever closer…

The start of a busy week with The Bad Plus tonight (with Joshua Redman on sax) and tomorrow night…

Brodski texted mid morning to advise the Tubes are playing in Dunfermline on Wednesday – tickets secured for him, Penny, me and Anne…

At the end of the week a trip to England is becoming likely…

New album due out next Wednesday – may have to be postponed as I run further and further behind schedule re prepping for it…

So, to the Queens Hall tonight with Dr Prog to see The Bad Plus…



Brother in Law Keith and sister in law Maureen were also in attendance…

Opening the show was the Jeremy Pelt Quintet – some top stuff which encouraged me to purchase their latest CD “Soul” during the interval…

Mr P signed it for me in lovely silver pen…

I will also seek out further releases as their set comprised excellent music from their extensive discography…

The Bad Plus blew me away though and the addition of saxophonist Joshua Redman was a masterstroke…



I reckon they only played six songs (all TBP ones) plus an, as yet unrecorded, encore “Undersea Reflection” but I lost all track of time…

Absolutely first class…

Here's a video I found in 2015 of tonight's performance...



Now I’m looking forward even more to tomorrow night…

Dr Prog is swithering about coming along though finances may not allow…

A lift home for him and I was back at Crispycat Towers by 11:30…

Highlight of the Day : The Bad Plus…

No comments: